Tristan - enter the madness...

Thursday, March 17

You, Ess, Eh!!

Well, here I am in the You Ess of Eh.

On Friday night we went dry slope skiing with youth which was cool. Didn't wear my knee support, and my knee started aching. This was a good thing because I knew to use my knee suport, and when I've been skiing it's been fine! At youth they also had inflatable gladiator and stuff while we went skiing, so they all had fun. Popped in for 5 mins to say goodbye, and then went home to pack :-S Finished that at about 0230am (I think) and then went to sleep.

Catchphrase for packing: "You can never have enough underwear" (I always pack enough for 2 on each day - overkill some might say, but not if you're skiing in one set during the day ;-) )

Caught the 0630 coach, which didn't leave from the bus station!! Just about managed to run around the corner to catch it on time. I slept through that, and so the 2hrs felt like a 15 min journey..bargain!

Got to the airport and couldn't check in cuz I was too early (4 hours early for my flight), so read for a bit, then spent about 45 mins checking in. I had to do some shopping for Dad (aftershave) and I got some cigarettes for mum (cough, cough). I have given up trying to get her to quit - she's tried lots of times, so all I can do now is just make it cheaper for her :-S

Got on the gate *after* boarding had started..that was the easiest 4 hours at an airport I've ever had! Oh yeah..I forgot to mention - I got a free upgrade to "World Traveller PLUS". That basically meant a slightly more comfy seats and loads more leg room! Yay - was soooo cool.

When you go to america, you genearlly have to fill out 2 cards. One for customs to say you're not bringing anything in with you that you need to pay tax on and one for a visa if you're a foreigner. Because I'm a dual citizen (UK/USA), I don't need the second one. The first one asks for an address where you're staying, and I didn't really know, so I put "Unknown". I then had a conversation with the immigration officer about this...

Officer: "Why are you here?"
T: "Uhm, to see my dad?"
O: "Why haven't you put an address on here?"
T: "My dad just bought a condo in Chicago, and I don't know the address"
O: [condecending tone] "Do you know a number you could reach daddy on?"
T: "Uhm, no"
O: "So what happens if daddy isn't waiting for you..how are you gonna get him?"
T: "Well, that has happened in the last 15 years when he's picked me up, so I don't think it's gonna happen"

Grrr, I was sooo annoyed at him. It wasn't what he said, just the way that he treated me like a brat.....GRRRRRRRR @ him.

Anyways, got through customs, went outside to meet "Daddy"...and he wasn't there!!!! I'm not sure if that's ironic, but it's kinda funny. I waited around for a few minutes because I'd gone through customs really quickly. Then I realised I had a mobile phone number for dad. It was quite old, and he doesn't really do mobiles, but I tried it anyways. He anwered! There are two meeting areas, and he'd gone to the wrong one...phew.


All was good, and went to Dad's condo. It's soooooo cool. It's an apartment on the 12th floor with really cool city views. I'll try to post some photos when I get home.

Since then, we've come to Utah for skiing with Dad. I'll explain more later.

Oh yeah..when we got to Utah, we went 'shopping' and Dad bought me the COOOLEST thing for my b'day/Christmas present. The only thing I'm saying is that it's initials are MS5, and it has 5 strings. Mwaaa ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Something much cooler happened too, but again, I'll fill you in on that later :)

Listening to: Keys Clicking

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home