Tristan - enter the madness...

Wednesday, November 3

Elections

Well, here it is. Today is the day when they (try to) decide who the next nutter is that they stick in charge of the USA. Who will it be? Blag-a-War Bush or Kill-the-Krew-Kerry?? I don't really know what I'm chatting about, but as I type, the whole thing hinges on who gets Ohio. My Dad was born/raised in Ohio and I've been there lots - espeicially Cleveland the 'Brown Brick' place (That's for you Glenn ;-) ). But now he lives in Wisconsin which has gone to Kerry. I was wondering, do I get a vote? I mean, I'm a US citizen. Am I eligable? LoL - not that it matters, I probably wouldn't vote. Maybe they could give some electoral votes to the UK and I could vote for who the UK's electoral votes go to? No? Ah well, never mind.
Right then, my life. It may seem a bit selfish blabbing on about it, but it's my blog. If you want to hear about yourself on the 'net get your own.

Me, me, me, me, me.

Me too.

*attacks Neo*

Ahem.

Right, where was I? Ah yes, I got as far as sleeping on Sunday night. It's now Wednesday afternoon, and I'm just killing some time before heading home.

Mean Monday
Monday was just plain hard. At least the evening was. Work was just work as usual, nothing too bad happened. Anyways, when I got home (after work/before 1-1s) I decided to have a blast on my bass and have a go at one or two RHCP songs. I actually managed most of "Road Trippin' " a little bit of "Otherside" (the intro is easy) and a lil riff from the beginning of "Californication" which is just cool!

Then came the hard stuff. In the evening was the 'review' night for equippers where I had to give 1-1 reviews to all the PA guys. I was quite nervous about it, but it seemed to go alright!! I found it very challenging and learned a lot from it. All the way through I kept having flashbacks to the leadership training we did last year..it was really cool! I guess that means the leadership training they ran at church paid off! LoL. After the leadership training I went over the pub for a nice chill, a drink and some chatting wiv Rach, Ali and Nick. Nick had to go early to get to the supermarket, and I got home around 23:30 - 00:00.

*waves hand in front of face* "Sleeeeeeeeeeeep"

Temperate Tuesday
Tuesday was alright. Had a good laugh at work...I really can't remember what about, and even if I did it would be a case of "you had to be there" to get it (i.e. it probably wasn't funny at all!). Ohh yeahhhh, we had free lunch too. I think a meeting must've been cancelled or something cuz there was a buffet left over that we munched.

Tuesday after work was quite busy and relaxing. Got home and went pretty much straight out to church to practice piano before my lesson. While there Lauren reminded me that I could come on the youth "weekend away" this weekend! Yay, should be a laugh. The previous ones I haven't been able to go (for one reason or another) to so I *finally* get to go! Yay. I had my piano lesson (I have to make a start on my third Grade 1 piece for next week so that we can start some 'other' stuff before starting Grade 2 after Christmas!) and then got home around 6pm where I just chilled out for ages. I had some of those new "Super Noodles To-Go". Didn't think much of them - I much prefer the normal Super Noodles...they're far more mushy and easier to eat. The "To-Go" ones were more like Pot Noodles (which I'm not that fond of!). Had a shower, a shave, and then went to pick up Tim. We went in Owen's room and watched "Lost in Translation" while I munched Doritos Dippas and getting my black t-shirt covered in red salsa sauce. Nice. I quite liked "Lost in Translation", but can see why a lot of people don't like it. It's a bit slow, there isn't really any point to the story line, and Bill Murray isn't much good at showing emotion in it. But I did enjoy it. LoL - that's the kind of weirdo I am!

Wednesday
Sorry, couldn't think of any suitable adjectives for Wednesday that began with 'W' (i.e. I couldn't be bothered to look one up in the thesaurus like I did for 'Monday' and 'Tuesday'). Today I've been to work and that's about it really. Tonight I've got to be at the bookshop for 6pm to have a youth meeting. Basically we're gonna start a discussion group for 14-18 year olds. I guess it's kinda similar to a youth Alpha. Anyways, we're going to get some of the youth together tonight to see what kind of issues they wanna chat about, and how best we can run it. Also the church is re-launching homegroups, so there's a meeting at church tonight to tell people about it and the different kinds of homegroups there are.
Right, it's almost 16:30 now! Yipes, could have gone home 30 mins ago. Well...here ya go people


Bush Wins - just found out that 20 mins ago Kerry conceded the election and Bush is back in. You heard it here folks. Nobody here seems too thrilled. I'm kinda indifferent...which is probably a bad thing.

Listening to: Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Under the Bridge" (Blood Sugar Sex Magik)

1 Comments:

  • Well I think that a Brit should get to be the President, sometime... say... me?

    President Jen... orrrr....President Mollybob!! :)
    Sounds like a plan to me, and I love it when a plan comes together

    By Blogger jengajen, at 4/11/04 09:26  

Post a Comment

<< Home