Tristan - enter the madness...

Thursday, October 28

Ahhhhhh; My EYE!!!! I Can See Why Arthur Doesn't Like Thursdays

Ow! Today is not going well. I got into work late to find the system down (and a list of messages from users telling me that the system was down). Fixed it...or so I thought. Then certain parts of it weren't working. So we scheduled some downtime (we thought it'd be 5-10 mins). An hour later we think we've *kinda* fixed the problem. Phew. What a 3-hours that was. And I just decided to plug in my laptop and mp3 player...while I was doing that a power lead flicked round and caught me IN the eye. Yep, not the eye-socket, full-on in my OPEN eye. Ow!

Aaaaanyways. I've decided to have a bit of a break from the madness and fill you in on the life and times of Tristan Thompson over the past couple of days.

Tuesday Went...
...along these lines. I went for my piano lesson but Nick's car broke down so he had to cancel (he was waiting for over 2 hours for the RAC to turn up! D'oh!). Since I was already at the church at this point I decided to practice, and managed to get a couple of hours in...I carried on with the chord sequence he gave me (a Ron Kenoly song?) and added some melody to it and stuff..was fun! Also practiced a bit of my first grade 1 piece, but seeing as I'm getting really bored of it, I decided to make a start on my second one ("In the Pink") which is kinda swingy. I got about half way through when I noticed that the next quarter was just a repeat! So I've done about 2/3 - 3/4 of it now! It's fun. Then I went home and had some food, and, as I thought might happen, I got tempted by cinema. I went to see 'Saw' with my bro and his mate. We got there just as it was starting (around 19:45ish) and it was sold out. So after checking some other cinema times (technology is sooooo cool!) we decided to go the the 10pm showing and kill some time in the bowling alley. We played some pool and went to Sainsbury's to get some munch (massive bag of cheapy liquorice allsorts..mmm) and played the arcade game 'Who Wants to be a Millionaire'. Saw was good! Very clever - and a bit disturbing! The same kind of feel as "Seven" I'd say. Got a late night (ugch) ...

Wednesday Happened
...and an early start (double-ugch) and yesterday when I got in *all* of the systems were down. Because all of their databases are on the same server - which was knackered. Took an hour to figure out and (eventually) fix. Work was work as usual and then after work I went home and went to cinema again. Rach was organising it for some of the dancers, and she went in with some of the younger guys a bit earlier and I went in to see "Alfie" with Shaneen, her friend Esther, Nami, Gemma and Babs. When we were buying the tickets, Shaneen got ID'd! She's 21 and married!! It was really funny cuz she didn't have any ID, but she had her engagement/wedding ring, LoL. And this was right after Nami had just gotten their tickets from the same person (Nami is 16)! I quite liked Alfie, but nobody else did. I think it was a bit slow for them. I like slow films, especially when they're well made and the acting is good (this seemed well made with some very good acting!). When I went home, I watched some programme about car crime in London for a bit, and then went and read (a bit of) the new Jeffery Deaver book - "Garden of Beasts:A Novel of Berlin 1936", then went to sleep at around 23:30! Yay!

"Thursday"
As I said earlier, today has been a nightmare. Things seem to be a bit more settled now, but roll on lunchtime I say! And tonight! Yay! Nathan, Adam and myself are going to see "Twelfth Night" at the Bristol Old Vic tonight - we're having some food at Wagamama's beforehand. I've been there once before when I was visiting some friends in Kingston, Surrey and haven't been since. And NO, we're not going to Surrey for food - this is the 'Bristol' Wagamama's. OH, you weren't going to ask that? Never mind - at least you know now. And now. And now again. And again, now. Still now. And then. And now. *cough*-*cough*. Ahem.


Listening To: Not sure who's singing..it's not Mercy Me - "I Can Only Imagine" (Soul Survivor 2003 - Anthem of the Free)

Was Listening To: Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Pretty Little Ditty" (Mother's Milk) and Green Day - "Basket Case" (Dookie) (not a the same time. Sequentially [to a computer person I was listening to them in series, not in parallel])

PS - I've tried emailing this post twice today..now I've just published it directly. If it appears twice more, I will delete the extra ones!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home