Tristan - enter the madness...

Tuesday, October 26

32 Hour Days...

...yeah, that's what we need. 32 hour days...and I get the feeling that there *still* wouldn't be enough time. Hmm.

Anyway, I haven't updated since Friday sometime, so I thought I'd fill you in on the happenings. Not that they're interesting, it's more for completeness.

Friday Night Lads...
Okay, so on Friday I went home from work at 3pm (I love Fridays) and chilled out for a bit. I can't remember really what I did other than have a shower. I know I was feeling a bit rough though and I think I went online for a bit. Anyways, I went up to church at 7ish for ice skating..yay. I enjoy ice-skating. I'm not amazing at it, but I do like blasting around the rink (The thing with ice skating (besides the crappy skates you get that hurt and don't go straight) is that I keep getting confused with skiing. With skis on you can lean right forward and touch the tips of your skis without falling over. Which you can't do with skates. Anyways, when I go skiing I'm used to not worrying if I'm leaning too far forward, but this suddenly becomes apparent when skating. Not good.) and I love speed. Speed is great (not the drug-speed, the velocity-speed). That's why I love places like Alton Towers - especially Oblivion and Nemesis-------FASSSST!!! Ahem...I'm digressing. So, funnily enough, I had Matt, Simon, Kiera and Hannah in my car to take to the ice rink. We got there around 19:45 and had to wait until 20:20 for them to open! Luckily it turned out that only about 40 kids showed for ice skating (80 had signed up!) which was a shame because we did have a fair few that we turned down, and we had loads of spare space in the end. Ahh well. I was the only leader to put on skates (which surprised me because usually everybody's on! Though Nige does have his dodgy knee I suppose). So I went round and round and round getting dizzy and generally trying to chat to/push over youth. One point I got bored and decided to have a nice fast blast around the rink. I was building up some speed after my second lap or so, and I was completely in the clear; nobody was near me! So I accelerated into the corner. What happened I don't know, but one minute I was flying forwards, and the next I was flat on my face sliding forward with immense pain over the entire front-half of my body (and for some reason, my ear canals really hurt ???). So I got up to lots of pointy fingers and laughing, felt embarrassed, and tried to push Chris over because he had the most annoying pointy-laughy thing going on (note - 'tried'..not 'succeeded'). "Brian" wasn't skating, so I nicked her hat for a while (she reckoned she was having a bad-hair day, so I nicked her hat..being the nice chappy that I am) and skated around with it on my head. Mmm, attractive. Eventually I had pity on her (got bored of it :-P) and gave it back. At which point Simon decided that I was being a good example and promptly nicked it straight off her again..LoL. I'm so cool. Oh yeah! That's what I did after work on Friday - my Beavis&Butthead DVD arrived, so I watched that! Anyways, we got back to the building (church) at around 22:30 and just chilled for a bit. I practiced a bit on the keyboard (it sounds a million times better than the one I have at home...plus it has weighted keys...mmm). Then I collapsed at home and went to sleep.

'S' is for 'Saturday' and 'Soaked'
Saturday was the day that I was still feeling rough and decided to go to town. Or rather I decided a week or so ago to go and Saturday was the day I actually went! The weather was really wet - absolutely tipping it down! I met Tom at Superdrug where Jamie (assistant manager) was playing with a hovercraft and a remote-controlled monsters hand that could crawl along the floor...how cool! Then we went to the Old Vic first (because it was farthest) and after walking straight past it (we didn't see it), decided to take a 10-minute detour in search of it while getting thoroughly soaked! We walked across Queen's Square (open ground...very wet), along the street round the corner and back to where we started! When we got the Old Vic I had to try and get an extra ticket for Adam and try and get the three of us sitting together, and it was absolute comedy when the v.v.camp guy got in a complete flap over it. He was very helpful, but quite flappy bless him. LoL. Eventually got the tickets and walked to Sound Control. After listening to headphones for about 10-20 mins, I bought some Sennheisers for the sound desk at church (I listened to them at home laters..they're sooooo good! I want some!) and Tom bought some strings for his guitar. We also played around on some keyboards for a bit (or rather I did, drooling while playing a £3k weighted keyboard :-D..if anyone's feeling generous...). Then we went to the main shopping centre and I got some contact lenses (yeah, yeah, I'm vain, I know) and we just generally browsed for a bit while we waited for Adam. Adam had met some lady on the internet in London and she was coming up to Bristol to see her friend, and was going to spend a bit of time with Adam. So after waiting a bit, we went to lunch at Pizza Express on Park Street (found out yesterday that there's a Pizza Expression Corn Street, which would have saved a looong uphill walk) with Adam and 'his woman'. I was dead impressed with Pizza Express - very nice, and not *too* expensive! Tasty. After that, went home and collapsed for a couple of hours (walking around in the rain with a cold for 5 hours isn't a good idea!). I can't remember what I did on Saturday night - I think I just stayed in *shock!* I definitely remember falling asleep while watching Pirates of the Caribbean in my bro's room.

Sunday. Church.
Well, Sunday was church. I was still feeling a little bit ill, but paracetamol is my friend :) Darren, Jen and others (that I can't remember right now) had just gotten back from Ukraine, so they shared a bit. It sounds amazing - the people there sound like they're meeting the needs of their community in such a practical way! Brilliant! Darren preached a little on just getting more of a desire to do the things of God. He was saying that we all have the 'knowledge', but without the desire/passion it's just not gonna get us very far! I went forward for prayer (much needed!) and got prayed for.

After the meeting I was planning on having a bit of lunch with Tim to catch up and then go home to do some PA notes, but didn't realise it was a 'Rita' week! About once a month Rita cooks lunch for the youth in the church, and somehow I'm invited!! Actually I think it's cuz I do youth work with the guys and also to give them lifts ;) anyways, I always end up about twice the size after Rita's (her food is sooooo good and the pudding is amazing!). Had lunch, played a couple of games and then went home. Collapsed (again!) and slept for a couple of hours. After I woke up, I actually felt loads better (praise God!). I just had the annoying cough thing, but the headache was pretty much gone! Church was good in the evening. Darren changed his mind (obviously prompted by the Holy Spirit) and he preached right at the beginning, and then we had an amazing time of ministry and praise and worship. Basically it was about being undignified before men for God, so everyone was really going for it; jumping up and down, waving flags, and generally being nutters...it was great! I was absolutely shattered after it (it was really, really hot on stage for some reason and we were all sweating bucketloads!!).

When that finished we hung around at church for a bit, and then some of us went to Pizza Hut and chilled there for a bit before heading home.

I've gotta do some work now, but I'll fill you in on Monday a bit laters (told ya..not enough hours in the day...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home