Tristan - enter the madness...

Wednesday, December 29

Rent! (said the Actress to the Bishop)

What does Christmas demand? Simpsons Monopoly of course!! A bunch of us went round to Jamie & Shaneen's yesterday avo to play Risk, however once we saw the Monopoly there was no stopping us. I hadn't played monopoly in years and it was great fun! It produced some classic quotes...

Andy: "If he'd have offered me $1500 for [property] I would have taken it!"
Me : "Andy, you sold that to him for $200 earlier!"

**Someone lands on Andy's property - he can't remember the word for "Rent" **
Andy: "Uh, uh, uh..."
**Dice get rolled**
Someone: "Too late!"
Andy: "That's not fair!"

**Tom's doing some of his traditional "Bargaining" (i.e. trying to convince someone to do what he wants)**
Tom: "Well, the red properties get you much more money, are in a better position and are the best in the game, but I reckon that these blues are better so you should..."
Me [to Nige]: "Did Tom just say that the reds are the best in the game, but that the blues are better?"
Nige : "Yeah..I think so!?"

Hmm, that doesn't seem as funny on here as it was at the time. IGYHTBT

Rewind
But the day before that (Monday) was where I left you all. You must be wondering what happened between then and now (besides Monopoly). Not much! Monday afternoon I went to town with Nathan with the intention of not buying anything. As an alternative I bought two books ("The Geneisis Code" and "The Code Book"). Grrr, if only I hadn't gone into a bookshop :-S I couldn't resist! Then went back to Nathan's for a bit, had some food and watched a bit of his Little Britain DVD. If you've never watched it then you need to. No, really - it's great! I am going to stea...uh..borrow that DVD from Nathan I think.

Then in the evening we went to see "National Treasure". Nami wanted to go to Weston, but the majority didn't have enough energy to drive 40 mins to a beach at night in the cold winter. LoL. So we saw National Treasure which wasn't half bad! Why is it that I immediately think that most PGs are going to be rubbish? Afterwards (at 10:30pm) I let my crazy streak get the better of me and said that we should go to Weston - Nami and Gemma got excited and we decided to go. When we got outside and found it was raining we decided not to, but went on a bit of a drive. We stopped at various monuments and deciphered their meanings to discover that the "treasure" was buried in "Egypt" (Clifton Suspension Bridge). Those girls are crazy I swear - probably why they're so great, LoL. As cars came past we started out by just staring at them (we had our hoods up). I think we scared some people and not many people gave us a reaction.

Then we decided to spread across the road (Nami on the verge in the middle and Gemma and myself on either side). As cars went past we simultaneously, a) Saluted or, b) did the "crane" move from Karate Kid. It was so funny, people laughed as they drove past. Yay for the non-boring people! Nami and Gemma also tried to walk up the supporting chains of the bridge, but got scared after they got about 6ft high up them. I don't blame them!! Then we went to Miss Millie's (KFC clone that's open till about 2am) for some fast food. Mmm, chicken-in-a-bun gooooood. Then, home.

Cheapy Tuesday
Was it Tuesday already!? Grrr, holidays go tooooo fast. My room was finally finished, so I spent the morning moving all of my stuff from the spare room to my room. Yay! Then in the afternoon I went and played Monopoly. In the evening we went to see "The Incredibles". Normally at the cinema on a Tuesday it's "Cheapy Tuesday" where the tickets are £3.50 (as opposed to £5.60). When Tim and myself got to the front of the queue, we discovered they weren't doing the cheapness because it was a bank holiday! I tried my best to convince the woman behind the counter, but she wouldn't believe that it was Tuesday. I don't know what day she thought it was, but she wouldn't accept that it was Tuesday. Just as I bought my ticket, Shaneen ran up to me proclaiming "It's not Cheapy Tuesday!!". As we walked away we noticed Nige & Es in the queue behind us. "It's not Cheapy Tuesday" we told them, "No way!!" they replied. Gemma ran up; "It's not Cheapy Tuesday!!! I can't believe it!".

As you can tell, we weren't expecting to pay full price.

I also saw my bro and his mates there, and they came into the same film as us in the end. When I got home I stayed up for a couple of hours just chatting to him, which was pretty cool. Now I'm sat in my room listening to my Joss Stone album (which is pretty cool). I might get her new one when I get bored of this one.

Listening to: Joss Stone - "For The Love Of You" (The Soul Sessions)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home