Tristan - enter the madness...

Thursday, December 23

With This Ring, I Thee Wed... (said the Actress to the Bishop)

Happy Christmas Campers! How is everyone on this fine morning? What have you all been up to? Let's see, when's the last time I did a proper update? *reads back a bit* ahh yes, last Friday. Let's see, what happened...

The Youth Party
The weekend was pretty cool. Friday night at youth was completely mad - almost 100 kids and none of them wanting to play games. Which was a bit frustrating because it was a games night. They did get in half-price if they wore lots of red and/or green which they enjoyed. I was put on the door taking their money and judging whether they were wearing enough red/green. Did I mention that I'm red-green colourblind? LoL - that ain't no joke either bub...I'm really colour blind.

After youth we decided to have another go at some Giant-Jenga-Domino stuff which I videoed using my (not-quite-so) shiny (as-it-used-to-be) phone. I decided to set up a web-page for it, so click here to see it (some of it was from last Sunday after church)

Saturday
It's a bit weird - I'm having a real problem remembering what I did on Saturday. Ohhh yeah, I went into town with Simon and Ryan, and then a bunch of us went to the cinema to see "An Unfortunate Series of Events". It was actually quite good (if you like Jim Carrey). Then on the evening was a Barn Dance organised by Sandra! It was pretty good and there were a fair few people there. The woman leading it must've been ex-military - she kept shouting a lot (keeping everybody in time) and made us do gun movements and stuff. She also told of Lozza.

Comedy Moment(s?) - Loz and myself were discussing the different soft drinks and she was saying that she prefers "flat drinks" (as opposed to fizzy drinks)..I forget why. At this point, Tim leaned across the table and declared "Flapjacks are great!" - the thought we were talking about Flapjacks and not "Flat Drinks". It made me laugh so hard...so funny that I declared there and then that the title of my next blog would be "Flapjacks Are Great!" (thus the confusion in my earlier blog). Later on we were discussing "Dirty Jones" (Lauren has a v.dirty mind sometimes) and I said that you can add the phrase "said the Actress to the Bishop" to almost any sentence and it would make it sound dirty. Thus I amended the earlier declaration and re-declared that the title of my next blog would be "Flapjacks Are Great said The Actress to The Bishop". Thus concludes the story of how that blog entry got a completely confusing title.

Sunday - Shopping + PARTY!!
Sunday afternoon was when my Ma took me shopping for my Birthday/Christmas present. We were going to go to a running shop to get me some running shoes for my new "running thing". However the shop was shut. Mum had seen a nice jacket that she wanted to get me - so we got that instead. It is quite swish if I do say so myself ;)

In the evening was the Christmas party at church. Tom and Shaneen sang 'O Holy Night' and they were soooooooo good. It was amazing! I'd choose them over Frank Sinatra any day of the week. But that's mainly because he's dead and couldn't perform in front of me *grin* After the party, a bunch of us put all the PA/Band Stuff/Choir Blocks back onto the stage and then went back to Jamie & Shaneen's for a bit.

Work Week
Work, work, work. Or not. The whole week so far has been pretty relaxed at work - not much to do and nobody really that motivated to do it! The good news is that we get to dress down tomorrow...Jeans baby - yeah!

Monday Night
Monday night was different to normal - no worship practice - yay! So a few of us decided that we'd go down the pub for the whole evening (we usually go after practice for about 45-60 mins). Gemma and Nami don't normally come, but they decided they would tonight. As we were driving past the Sandringham (to get to the car park)...

Nami: "Ooooh, my friends are having a meal in there tonight."
Me: "Cool...that's where we're going!"
Nami: "Are you joking?"
Me: "Nope...that's why we're here!"
*pulls into car park*
Me: "Why? Did you tell them that you couldn't come out tonight?"
Nami: "Kinda - I said I didn't have enough money to go out for a meal, which I don't"

So we decided to go to the Golden Heart instead to save the hassle of Nami trying to explain stuff to her friends. Adam brought Risk, so we sat in the pub and played Risk! Well...*I* didn't play Risk because there was one too many players and I had to dash off for half an hour to help "Harriet" carry a fridge and a washing machine up onto the balcony of our church (long story - it's being stored there for someone until they move into their flat). It was a pretty good night overall.

Tuesday - Night in. Ish.
Tuesday night I was meant to help someone give lifts, but it turned out they had enough cars. So I stayed in and (eventually) watched a video with Owen and his mate James. We watched "Dawn of the Dead". How cool is that film!? Quite gory, and James jumped a few times (obviously I never jump at scary films... 0:-) )

Wedding on a Wednesday!?
That brings me on to Wednesday. Aaron and Emma got married. In Dudley. On a Wednesday. Yes, it was a long way to go, and a strange day to have it on, but it was worth it. The wedding was good, Tom & Shaneen sang "O Holy Night" again (they originally learned it for the wedding, but got asked/decided to do it at the Christmas Celebration too) and it still rocked. Heh heh. Got home at around 23:30, but read for a bit (I know, I know, I'm just stupid) and went to sleep at 1ish.

This leaves me tired and at work on a Thursday.

Listening to: Radiohead - "The Bends" (The Bends)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home