Tristan - enter the madness...

Monday, December 27

It Was Pretty Good This Year (said the Actress to the Bishop)

Well, it's been and gone. That was Christmas. And it was pretty good! Let's start with Friday:

Friday - The Eve of Christmas
Friday was fun! Got to work at the normal time, but we got to wear casual clothes and only "work" until noon! How cool. We basically chatted most of the morning, and then went up to the canteen at 11am for food. I had a sausage/bacon/egg/mushroom baguette (not a melt)....sooo good. Then we finished work! Yay! Once that was done I was free! Yes! No more work until January 4th! Such a good feeling.

I still had to get a minature Baileys for the stocking that Owen and myself were putting together for my parents. Oh, yeah, I wrapped all my pressies too. Then I went round to Nige's where we played Cranium. Tom and myself won, though we took our time doing it. Nige+Sat were only 1/4 the way round the board when we got to the middle (finish), but by the time we got all of the cards we needed, they were in the middle with us! Then I went home for a bit and we had our traditional Christmas-Eve-Roast-Ham....mmm. That evening we all went 'round Adam's for some games and stuff before our 11:30pm candle-light service at church. We played this really funny game where you put an after-eight chocolate on your forehead and have to eat it without using your hands. I was the only one who couldn't do it. Though later on, I did just flick it in the air and catch it in my mouth - Tim saw me do it (nobody else though). The candle-light service was really cool - some carols and some readings and afterwards we swapped presents and stuff. Adam got me a joint present which was the size of a microwave (it was a joint birthday/Christmas present) only not as heavy. Tom got me a book of insults - they're all quotes from things, and I shall be memorising them ASAP. Then I went home, where "Mr & Mrs Claus" were up watching Eastenders on vid while waiting for us to go to bed. I stayed up 'till 2am ;) I set my alarm for 4:30, and found a stocking on my bed! However I was up do deliver my parents' stockings - yeay! Snuck to their room and dropped them on the ends of their beds - they never knew I was there ~excellent~

Christmas Day
I woke up at about 6am to hear the ripping of wrapping paper from next door (my bro's room) - still tired so went back to sleep. Woke up again at 9am and couldn't delay any farther. I opened my stocking, got dressed and wandered downstairs. We had french-toast with bacon for breakfast (it's been literally years since I've been around for french-toast in the mornings..mmm) and then we opened all of our presents. Owen got me a present to go 'Zorbing'. The basic premise is that there's a 7-foot inflatable ball that I get strapped into. The ball then gets pushed down a hill. It sounds sooooo cool. I can't wait to go! Adam's microwave-sized thing turned out to be a beer-can-shaped fridge! How cool is that! It can be used in the house, or in the car, cuz it's got a car adapter! Youth-holidays will never be the same, heh heh.

Owen and myself then watched a DVD ("The Office: The Christmas Specials") while waiting for 'rents to sort out Christmas lunch. Once everything was cooking, we all went down the pub for a bit, and then came back for lunch. STUFFED ourselves full of food and then I vegged out in front of the telly and watched Owen play Halo 2 on his X-Box. It's v.cool. While he played that I decided that I'd go look for my passport. I needed it because I had volunteered to go into Prison on boxing day to play guitar for a boxing-day service. Anyways, I couldn't find the passport in any of the normal places that i'd keep it and was looking for an hour! It turned out to be in the first place I'd looked, only underneath loads of other stuff....grrr! But, I'd found it, and was a lot less stressed. To congratulate myself I gorged myself with chocolate and watched Halo 2 a bit more. That evening I went 'round to the Blounts' house (they live a few miles away from me) for some fun and games (we played "spoons"...anything that lets me see a grand-child accidentally elbow his grand-dad in the face has got to be a good game!). I stayed the night at their house with the plan of waking up early (6:45am), driving home to pick up my guitar and get changed, and then meet at the church at 7:40am

Boxing Day
Woke up at 6:45 and rolled up my sleeping bag quietly. Checked I had all of my stuff and crept outside. It was freezing! There was a thick layer of frost all over my car. I got in my car and turned it on.

**clickClickClickClickClickClickClickClick-groan-whine-nothing**

It wouldn't start..the battery had died. Arrrghghghhweh£$&$#@!!! I decided that the best thing to do would be to jog home - I should have just enough time to make it. I found out on my jog that nobody gives hitch-hikers lifts any more. I can't complain really, I'm sure that I looked dodgey, and I never give hitch-hikers lifts. So I called someone else that was coming and managed to get them to pick me up from my house. Phew - praise God that I wasn't messing everything up! We got to church early and I had to go inside to get a guitar amp and to photocopy the songsheets. Got the amp while leaving the photocopying going. Got back to the photocopier and chopped the song-sheets in half. I decided to check some of the bottom sheets in case I'd gone through the words, and discovered they were blank! Arrrgh! At this point I feel that I should mention the fact that I hadn't bothered to switch the lights on in the church (no time!) and was doing this all with the light on my mobile phone! I re-photocopied the sheets; they came out this time, and I collapsed into the car while we drove to prison. Ahhh, it was all going to work out. I was actually really pumped up about it. I knew that something that had this much stuff going wrong had to be something God wanted me to do, or else The Enemy wouldn't be trying so hard to stop me from doing it! So I was very much at peace with it and knew it would all be good. And it was! 5 of the lads in the prison got saved!

When I got home I just slept for a while. Then at around lunch time got Owen to take me to get my car and give me a jump-start. That avo I did some traditional-Boxing-Day shopping and got some new jeans/trousers and a few CDs - Virgin and HMV are having huge sales! Got Joss Stone's old album, a Level 42 best-of album and a Santana album. Each for £5-8! Also got Austin Powers:Goldmember DVD for about £7-8

In the evening a few of us went 'round to Loz's and we basically just chilled out. Played "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" DVD game for a bit and watched a bit of telly. It was nice.

Today I'm just being a lazy bum. Didn't wake up 'till noon, and now I'm just sat in bed typing my blog. I guess I should eat soon


Listening to: Nothing - am transferring my new albums to my mp3 player.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home