Tristan - enter the madness...

Wednesday, December 1

Scab Update

**best Irish accent**
Well, hallooooo there. How're you t'day Fath'r? Would ya like some tea? Ach, ya would? Why bless ya Fath'r.

Ahem. right then. The size of my scab is slowly decreasing now and it's even crustier than ever. Take a look (if you're not eating anything...)


Okay then, so that's that out the way. How's you? Been up to much in the last few days?

Salsa
I had worship practice on monday night. We've started practicing for Christmas, and because most of the stuff for Christmas has backing tracks, the band didn't have to rehearse! Bonus! We did, however, join the choir. :-S We're doing a really funky Kirk Franklin version of "Our God Is An Awesome God" which is really good fun. The hard part was when Jen tried to teach us a salsa step and then laughed at us blokes hysterically as we tried to do it with the swingy hip type thing. We all need lots of practice if we're going to do that. Stop it. Stop laughing now. I know you're trying to visualise me doing salsa. STOP IT!! After that a few of us (Loz, Tom, Joe & "Brian") went to the Sandringham for a bevvy and a play on Millionaire...only Millionaire had gone! It had been replaced by a different game. So we played Monopoly instead. It was quite fun - more fun than I expected. Then I went home and slept for a bit....about 6-7 hours. Then it was Tuesday (well..actually it was Tuesday a long time before I woke up, but who's counting? Except Tom maybe... :-P)

Chrismas Shopping, Arturius the King & Kiera..mmmm...
Tuesday was a Pretty Good Day. Work wasn't too bad - I managed to get about half of my Christmas shopping done at lunchtime on the 'net!! How cool is that!? Expensive lunch break though :-S Got home from work and had a blast on my guitar for a bit before going to my piano lesson. Showed "Harriet" how I was doing on my grade 1 piece and the song he gave me last week to do and also showed him a song I'd written. He was quite encouraging about it - which was really cool, cuz I don't really think it's that great a song. I do like some of the lyrics though cuz God rocks and I like him to be told that sometimes (like..everyday!).

After that I went home, cooked me some Chinese food (in a microwave) and cleaned up in the kitchen a bit. Before my parents went away (1½ weeks ago), they left us a big pot of chilli. I had some last week, but the pot was still there. And was also pretty mouldy. When I lifted the lid off, a cloud of mould hovered out of the pot. Nice.

Had some people 'round (Adam & Dan) to watch 'King Arthur' which was good fun. A bit silly in places and sometimes confusing. The best bit was the small village in Scotland, which was full of people with west-country accents! The Saxon leader was funny too cuz he had an american accent and sounded like he had a permanent bad throat. Oh, and he seemed quite drunk most of the time. The best character by far was the nutty Knight that was called Tristan. He was the MAN. I'm not biased or anything. Honest. Kiera Knightley was in it too - so it ended up being an excellent film ;) LoL. Then went to bed and stuff. After Adam and Dan left.

Stealing Binspace
Last week Owen and myself forgot to put out the bins, so we had a bin FULL as well as about 3-4 black bags lying around it. I was determined to get up early this morning to get the bins out and borrow some of our next-door neighbour's binspace for our excess baggage. As usual I was 'snoozing' this morning at about 6:45, when I heard a lorry noise and beeping outside! Noooooo, I'd missed the binmen again! I jumped up and looked out the window...and luckily it was just a minibus pulling away. I have no idea why a minibus was in our road at 6:45am, but I'm very glad it wasn't a bin lorry. I then got up, got dressed and "put the rubbish out". It was very early, so I was in full stealth mode, but unfortunately the black bags weren't being cooperative - they don't like stealth mode. They much prefer lets-make-as-much-noise-as-we-can-and-wake-up-the-neighbour-whose-bin-this-is mode..they were full of bottles and cans from Owen's "gathering" last Friday/Saturday, and instead of smooth, sophisticated, James-Bond-style placing of bags in bins, I got loud, clanky, smashy sounds as I dumped them all in my neighbour's bins (why do they get two!? Skanks!). I finished my task and legged it back into the house. Then I came to work, and now I've just finished lunch. Mmm - sausage, bacon, bean and cheese melt.

A-Pizza Hut, a-Pizza Hut. (no) Kentucky Fried Chicken and a-Pizza Hut
Tonight we're going to miss the prayer meeting and go out to Pizza Hut with the youth discussion group that we've been running the past few weeks. Ah shucks, youth work is sooo terrible sometimes ;-)

Listening to: Something Corporate - "Globes & Maps" (Leaving Through The Window)

5 Comments:

  • ...was the irish accent as good as it was when you told the miner joke? "i work the day shift..."

    that scab is WELL ..whats the word... ...scabby. looks like you got singed by something

    By Blogger jengajen, at 1/12/04 13:57  

  • LoL - that's because I did singe it - with a soldering iron (see previous post)!

    My Irish accent is amazing. It sounds more Irish than an Irish person living in Ireland speaking to an Irishman. In Irish.

    :-P

    By Blogger T, at 1/12/04 14:06  

  • if an irish person spoke in ireland but no one heard him, would he still have an irish accent?

    By Blogger jengajen, at 1/12/04 14:11  

  • Only if he could chuck more wood than a Woodchuck would chuck wood.

    By Blogger T, at 1/12/04 14:27  

  • What am I counting? I don't gettit...

    By Blogger TommyDB, at 1/12/04 23:28  

Post a Comment

<< Home