Tristan - enter the madness...

Thursday, February 17

Jimmy The Penguin

Earlier today I found what is possibly one of the coolest websites on the planet. The Eddie Izzard Website! It's got lots of cool sound effects and the best (random) background comments of any tetris game I've ever seen!

Last night was youth homegroup. We basically just chatted for a bit about sharing the gospel and just making steps of faith with our friends and people. I think we were quite real about it though, cuz it's flipping scary and really hard to actually do a lot of the time...I guess that's where the 'taking a step of faith' part comes in. I left at 9:45 and dropped Luke off home. Normally hang around for a bit afterwards, but there was no way I was going to miss Desperate Housewives at 10pm ;-)

This week has been mostly quiet at work. The stressy project team managed to get their own office, so there's been much less stress, lots of laughter (at nerdy IT-related jokes). I'm giving Dan another bass lesson tonight, closely followed by a whole bunch of us from work (about 15 of us + my bro) going to the pub quiz. Again. Should be quite cool. The pub is called "The Jolly Sailor", and they do amazing burgers called "Jolly Burgers"....sooooo good.

I can't really think of much more. Bob told me today that he got to Grade 5 violin when he was younger! He said he's always wanted to play guitar, but been put off by his left-handedness - he reckoned that it would make it harder to learn! I told him that's a load of rubbish, and so I think he's going to bring a cheapy guitar to Bristol in the next couple of weeks. I'm gonna re-string it to be left-handed and give him a couple of basic lessons. I ain't no expert, but I'll be able to show him a few basic chords to be getting on with (hopefully).

Texting is sooooo cool. When I'm on my course in London next week I'm staying with some family friends (as I probably mentioned before). Anyways, I forgot to email them last week, and while I was emailing them yesterday, I realised they were in South Africa and wouldn't get it until 5 hours before I arrived at their house - and that's if they check their email as soon as they get in! So I decided to text them aswell, and got a response! I mean, how cool is that...sending a message to someone in South Africa for 10p (well...free for me cuz I got loadsa free texts :P). And cute lil Jessica (10 year old that I'm going to steal one day) sent the reply text - "See u sun love jess". Awwww.

Grrr - was just on MSN Web Messenger and the stupid thing stopped working. Time to go home now anyways....inabitinnit.

Listening to: Joss Stone - "Snakes And Ladders" (Mind, Body & Soul)

1 Comments:

  • So that's where you ran off to ... I wondered.
    Thanks for writing more for me to read though :p

    By Blogger Mafia!, at 17/2/05 16:06  

Post a Comment

<< Home