Tristan - enter the madness...

Thursday, February 10

A Bit Of A Downer

Well, last night was quite nice. Just chilled out, did some washing, chatted on MSN and watched "Desperate Housewives". I had tried to get people at work to go to the cinema, but most of them just wanted to watch the footie.

We had a meeting at work yesterday afternoon where we were told that the perception of some of our customers is that we are "Incompetent". Slightly unfair I feel...a lot of it has got to do with miscommunication and us taking the blame for a lot of other people's mistakes. Our bosses didn't think for a minute that we actually are incompetent, but now we have to be úber proactive in order to change the perception.

Got into work, and found out that one of the key people in our team has handed in his notice. Couple that with the fact that one of the project teams moved into a different office (it was way too crowded in here) and the mood is very sombre. I can't say I'm surprised he's leaving (he'd been moaning for ages), but it's a bit of a shock. Things aren't going to run nearly as smoothly here when he leaves. I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of others left - I mean I've already considered it by applying for the UWE job!

Aaaaanyways, on to less depressing things. I'm giving Dan a bass lesson tonight (we'll see how well he's getting on with his Green Day), maybe teach him another new song. After that, Tom, Mark, "Dennis", myself and possibly Joe, will be getting together for a bit of a music practice. I'm not really sure what you could call it, cuz we can't use a drum kit or many instruments (couple of acoustic guitars), but we'll be sharing songs and chatting about what we could do with them.

Right - I haven't got any cash on me, so I'm off to ASDA for lunch. Nope, now I'm not - Bob said he'd lend me some dosh, which is good because I really can't be bothered to drive to ASDA. Grr, I've changed my mind again - I'm off to ASDA. Inabitinnit.

Listening to: one of my managers behind me talking managespeak

1 Comments:

  • hope it wasn't my bad day yesterday rubbing off on you!! but on the plus side im much more sheery today so tomorrow should be excellent for you!

    I break up for a week tomorrow yaaaayyyyyy!!

    By Blogger Juckle, at 10/2/05 16:49  

Post a Comment

<< Home