Tristan - enter the madness...

Friday, February 4

Dun, da-da-la-da DA-DA-DA

Hmm...it's impossible to write basslines phonetically. Unless you can guess what that is? I'd been listening to The Killers all day at work, and when I finished yesterday I went straight to church, determined to figure out the bassline (For "Jenny Was a Friend of Mine") and learn it. I spent about 45 mins playing around with it and have pretty much got it! It's sooo much fun to play....awwww yeah.

Ahem

But I digress. I'm not quite sure how that IQ test sees me as a 'Visionary Philosopher'...I mean can you be colour blind and a 'visionary' at the same time!??!? Hmmm.

Last night I gave Dan a bass lesson, and taught him "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" (Green Day). Yay! Green day are great for learning bass with..nice simple bass, but fun to play. He learned it quite quickly...I reckon he'll be a good 'un if he gets into it and practices and stuff. I'm not really that disciplined with my practice...I just enjoy playing, so I get my practice in while having fun! In the evening I went to the pub quiz with work - brought my bro 'O' with me and had a really good laugh! We ended up coming joint 8th (out of 14 - I guess colour-blind "Visionary Philosophers" aren't that good at pub quizes :-P), and the other work team came 6th.

Work today has been alright - I ripped my new United Live album ("More Than Life") to my mp3 player and have been listening to that. They do a really worshippy version of Delirous's "Majesty" which is really nice...only 90 seconds though :-( It does have "One Way" on it though - ohhhh yeahhhhhhh!

Got youth tonight. I think I'm on the door for the first half, and up by the tables/table-tennis for the second half. ~Excellent~

Must go - home is beckoning (15 mins to go..yay!).

Listening to: United Live - "Majesty" (More Than Life)

2 Comments:

  • maybe life really is in black and white... I mean, the way you see things with your colour blindness might be the way things really are, and the rest of us are all morons living in a colour dreamworld?

    that's gonna be my philosophy. There is no such thing as colour

    By Blogger jengajen, at 4/2/05 14:45  

  • LoL - I'm not quite *that* colour blind. I do actually see colours, but red&green aren't as bright for me. For example - this means that I might confuse blue with purple (made of red+blue) because the red isn't as bright.

    But yes, you're right. Colour doesn't exist and everyone's a moron...

    Scott Adams (author of Dilbert):
    "..but after careful analysis I have developed a sophisticated theory to explain the existence of this bizzare workplace behaviour: People are idiots. Including me."

    By Blogger T, at 4/2/05 14:57  

Post a Comment

<< Home