Tristan - enter the madness...

Monday, January 31

Mornin'!

Hallo. How be thee? I'm not too bad. What have you been up to lately? What have I been up to? Well, I started off the weekend by catching up on some sleep - slept until midday on Saturday (mmmm). Then had a couple of youth round and we watched 'Van Helsing' - nice wholesome film, LoL. In the evening I attempted to organise for a bunch of us to go to Weston, but couldn't get any cars, so scrapped that plan and joined Maz/Loz/Bex/Ali at the pub. Had THE BEST CHOCOLATE BROWNIE IN THE WORLD!! I thoroughly recommend it - the "Willy Wickett" in Emerson's Green does it....soooooo gooooood.

Sunday was pretty good - at church in the morning Darren & Sarah told us about the ministers' conference in Toronto that they'd just gotten back from. It sounded pretty cool! In the avo I went for a pub lunch with Timmay and had a good catch-up. Managed to get about 45 mins sleep before heading back to church for the evening! Church was really good (again) in the evening. Worship was great and Darren's preaching really touched a lot of people. I'm still trying to figure out if it was relevant to me or not...I don't think so :-S it was about people who not quite being able to relate to God properly because they had bad father figures in their lives, and they kindof expect some of the same from God. I mean, my dad lives in america and I don't see him much, but he's great! I love him to bits! He's always shown me loads of love and done everything he can for me, so he's been a great example, so I don't really think it applied that much to me. But a lot of what Darren said was quite interesting anyways.

After church a few of us went to Pizza Hut (surprise, surprise). Now we've been going for many a year now, and this was pretty much the first time that the waitress told us her name as she was seating us! We all looked at each other when she did that because I think it threw us slightly. We had two people that had NUS cards, so we tried to get 20% off the bill twice. For some reason they wouldn't let us.

Got home at about 23:30 with the intention of going straight to bed. "The Green Mile" was on telly though, and I started watching it. Stupid idiot I am. I ended up going to bed closer to 01:30...grrr. All that catching up I did on Saturday morning - wasted!! On the brighter side, I (finally) managed to get a few of my bro's albums onto my mp3 player while I was watching so that I can see if it's worth buying them (Keane, Kasabian, The Killers and Franz Ferdinand).

Got into work today to find out that when one of my work-mates set off the alarm when he came in on the weekend. He didn't realise he'd done it until a policeman started knocking at the window 10 mins after he got to work!

Speaking of work, I guess I'd better do some.

Catch you later. I must sleep now.

Listening to: Kasabian - "Ovary Stripe" (Kasabian)

4 Comments:

  • yay! keane.. the killers...franz...what more could you want on an mp3 player??

    in C.U today, our chaplain was telling us about the conference in Toronto too -- sounds like it was really good. So good that Louise (and Miriam) havebeen persuaded to go to the Youth one ...grr... i wanna go!! lol

    By Blogger jengajen, at 31/1/05 15:18  

  • ooohhh .... now where oh where do I find these exquisite brownies?????

    By Blogger Mafia!, at 31/1/05 20:59  

  • Along the Road of Badminton you must travel. The place you seek is named after a combination of royal blood and a noble, but boring, sport. The "Willy Wicket" is where they deliver this perfection of the pudding world.

    Click here for a map.

    By Blogger T, at 1/2/05 09:04  

  • JEN u can come - only be about £450 :S!
    But yehhhh my Vicar went to that too - he mentioned in church about meeting ppl from bristol - how cool is that!?

    By Blogger Louise, at 1/2/05 22:11  

Post a Comment

<< Home