Tristan - enter the madness...

Friday, January 21

Needle Death

Afternoon all. It is my (almost) traditional Friday afternoon update! Ahh, where do I begin? Do I start with the food I ate last night, or the time I went to sleep? It's too hard to choose - the excitingness of it all *end sarcasm*

Ahem - aaaaanyways...this week has been pretty good! I've spent most of my time at work trying to get stuff working on a new server. It appears my user account on my laptop has something wrong with it and I can't do what I need to do. Ah well. Only took me a week to figure it out, LoL. No, seriously, it's been kinda fun and challenging.

What else have I done? Tuesday I took a some of the youth to see "Million Dollar Baby"; it's about a boxing trainer (Clint Eastwood) taking on and training a female boxer. Was surprisingly good! Directing was pretty cool, and it wasn't much like Rocky at all - more of a drama than a sport-feel-good-typical-film type thing. I enjoyed it anyways. Oh yeah, and at work that day the power went to one of the server racks and our live system was down for a while. You gotta laugh when stuff like that happens - otherwise life gets far too stressful over stuff you have no control over!

On Wednesday I was meant to meet up with a mate and go see "Without a Paddle", but they cancelled on me. So I just stayed in and re-watched "Donnie Darko". Dark, dark film, but kinda interesting! I think it's even starting to make (some) sense now!

That brings me to last night. I was meant to go see 'Alice' at the Old Vic with Nath. However the guy that was meant to book the tickets for us kinda hadn't, and when Nathan tried phoning up, they were sold out (I think). Plus I think I already saw it a couple of years back with Youth (we thought we were taking them to a pantomime, but it was a play...whoops!). So I just went 'round his and we watched a couple of Eddie Izzard DVDs while I did some stuff to a laptop and PC that belong to some other friends of mine - LoL. Was just updating them with the latest service packs and stuff if you're really interested...otherwise just don't read this sentence.

Phew, ok. That leaves me with today. Today I'm at work and found out that I passed last week's (semi-)pointless exam with 33/40 points. Yay! I won't have to retake/think about it again! [I'm sure that's not the point of the exam Tristan]

*looks round* Who's that?
[You've forgotten me already?]
Uhhhh....
[I am MEEEE. Yaaaaaaaa]
Oooookay. Why are you on my blog?
[Because I am you, and you are me. Which means.....I am MEEEEE. Yaaaaaaaa]
Getting a little confused here
[I am MEEEE...]
Ohhhh. Now I understand...
[Good]
NOT.
[Well, **sniff**, if you don't appreciate me, then I'll go]
Good plan, then I won't be stuck here talking to myself in front of the whole internet.
[You could delete the internet...then they wouldn't watch you talking to yourself]
Uhhhh. Yeah...right. Are you still here
[Uhm. No?]
Good


I'm going to stop now. As you may have guessed, I'm not really thinking of much to say. If I do, you'll be the first to know. Depending on how many other people read this first.

Listening to: Something Corporate - "I Want To Save You" (Leaving Through The Window)

2 Comments:

  • I find it strangely comforting to find that I'm not the only one who talks to myself in public/on the internet -- thanks. you've made my day :-D

    By Blogger jengajen, at 21/1/05 15:24  

  • well done on the exam too, by the way!!

    By Blogger jengajen, at 21/1/05 15:24  

Post a Comment

<< Home