Tristan - enter the madness...

Tuesday, February 15

Ironic?

If you know me, you know that irony is something that I'm pretty sure I know what it is, but find hard to define, and I believe it is something that almost everyone gets wrong most of the time (including myself). That being the case, I propose the following to be truly "ironic". Whaddya think? I found the story here.

--Quote
Stand-up comedian [Chris] Rock, whose films include Head of State, Bad Company and Down to Earth, will host the Oscar ceremony on 27 February.

Rock, 40, told US magazine Entertainment Weekly in a recent interview that he had rarely watched the Oscars, and called award shows "idiotic".

He said: "Come on, it's a fashion show

"What straight black man sits there and watches the Oscars? Show me one.

"And they don't recognise comedy, and you don't see a lot of black people nominated, so why should I watch it?"

Some members of the Academy have reportedly called for Rock to be removed as host.
--End Quote

Listening to: United Live - "Sing (Your Love)" (More Than Life)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home