Tristan - enter the madness...

Thursday, October 14

Arthur never did like Thursdays

Good morning! It's been a good day so far, and I've only been up a few hours! I've already had my breakfast bar (I munch through a lot of furniture at this job) and have heard from some lovely people already. Got an email from my Uncle Glenn this morning - Yay! He's the man! And if any of you are the people that broke into his car and stole his stuff then I'll bite your faces off Alien-styleee. GRRRRRR.

Well, aaaanyways. Got home yesterday and managed to get an hours worth of piano practice in - was great fun! Semi-learned a couple of scales (I say 'semi' because my memory is terrible...I mean I could probably play them in a few weeks, but wouldn't be able to remember that they're the A minor and...uh...see, I've forgotten already! I think it was G major. Nobody cares Tristan. Engh? Did anybody else hear that? Ah well, I guess I just imagined it. I'll just carry on typing and never re-read previous text to find out if someone said something. NEXT!

Yeah, so I practiced piano for a bit - a Grade 1 piece and a chord sequence that Nick showed me (Bm, F#m/A#, D/A, E/G#, Gmaj7, A/G, Cmaj7, and a couple of others..I could play 'em for ya, but can't remember what they're called! Nobody cares mate). Then I chilled out for a bit, congratulating myself on being so efficient and getting all that practice in. I had to be at collecting by 7pm, so was just looking for my keys at around 6:45pm when I suddenly remembered that I had to pick up Tom! Noooo, that's a 25 min round-trip! Pants, pants pants...still couldn't find my keys. Finally found them (under my laptop case!), rang Nige to see if he could ring Helen to let her (and everyone else) know that I'd be late. Rushed and got to the church around 7:15. Then had to sort people out and rush around to sort out some PA stuff for the Stewarding/Ministry team Equippers meeting that was going on - arrrrgh! Overload! It was a relief when we finally got going. We were going around a few houses that had some elderly people in them, and there was on youth (who shall henceforth remain anonymous) whom I over heard say the following while knocking....

Knock-knock
**Pause**
**Enter elderly lady peering through the glass door**
Youth: "Hi, sorry to bother you, we're from Powerhouse youth club.."
**no reaction**
Youth (louder) : "..we're collecting for National Youth Club week.."
**Lady looks vaguely worried at young kid raising his voice at her**
Youth (louder still): "..we're collecting for a minibus - we're from the church."
**Lady starts shaking her head and retreating into the house**
Youth (now shouting): "IT'S OKAY - WE'RE NOT GOING TO HARM YOU!!!"

Funny? No? As they say - "I guess you had to be there at the time". No you didn't "have to be there"; that just wasn't funny. We did better than the night before - managed to raise £122! When we'd finished collecting and stuff, Tom and myself decided to go to the cinema and watch 'Collateral' which was quite good (had more plot than I was expecting)! Because I hadn't had tea (I'm not an addict..I promise), we went to McDonald's for some food. After I ordered I turned around, and there was an old school friend! Jenny Ford! Very bizarre, both recognised at the same time..was very funny for her bloke and for Tom cuz they obviously didn't know what the heck was going on! Chatted to her briefly, and then went cinema. Got home, got to sleep (far too late). Now I'm at work. Fun.

I think that walking around at night and watching films helped my eye, because it was fine when I woke up this morning Shut-up - nobody cares about your 'theory' on eye healing methods!

Right - better get some work done About time too!.

Listening to: Delirious? World Service


1 Comments:

  • wow you have voices in your head too!
    keep munchin on that furniture

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 14/10/04 12:57  

Post a Comment

<< Home