Tristan - enter the madness...

Thursday, August 25

A-theth-theth-theth Scortchio

I'm sitting at work on a Thursday afternoon. The weather has been really miserable the last few days, but it's actually started to brighten up today, which is a very good thing; we're going on holiday in Devon on saturday. I've not actually got that much to do - tomorrow is my last day! I've spent half the morning handing over stuff to the other (soon-to-be only) support guy, and the other half having my 'exit-interview' with the head of HR.

On Tuesday night I went out with a bunch of people from work. We went to
Las Iguanas in Bath for some mexican food. It was a really good night out. Lis and I got picked up at around 7:30pm to get to Bath for a booked table for 8:30pm. Our lift told us that he could take us there, but had a family (plumbing) emergency and couldn't come for the meal - we'd have to find our own way back. No problem - I knew we could blag a lift back from someone else that had space. We got dropped off around 8pm, giving us 30 minutes to kill. We decided to spend most of that time searching for the place! We walked straight past it (we later found out) and proceeded to get lost in bath! After consulting several information points and printing out a map, we managed to find it in the end. No sooner had we ordered some drinks from the bar, then some people turned up and the fun began. The food was great, the people were funnier and I'm going to miss them to bits. Bob said a few words - he was put on the spot, but they meant an awful lot to me; I'm really going to miss working here. Then I had to make a speech in reply, which I did..shakily...I didn't think I'd get so emotional about leaving!!

We managed to get a lift back with the head of the IT division, who also (very kindly) paid for the entire meal! The ride home was awesome...the man has a
Mazda RX-8 which can do 0-60 in minus 3.9 seconds...*dribble* - I want one!

Band
I've got band practice tonight. We're aiming to pay for a recording studio and record our 6 existing tracks. Because of this we're focusing on our songs and getting them spot on so that we don't waste any (expensive) time in the studio. There have been about 3 sessions so far in the past week, and it's been hard work, but really fun. At one point we just had to release, and we went crazy; jumping up and down, playing crazy OTT stuff which didn't fit, and generally having a laugh. It's such fun *grin*

Right, better get back to work...roughly 24 hours left, and then I'm gone for ever
*cry*
*smile*
*CONFUSED?*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home