Tristan - enter the madness...

Tuesday, July 26

Getting Married


So, I went to a wedding on Saturday - possibly the coolest wedding in the world! My cousin was getting married to a guy that works for Arsenal, and the reception was held at Highbury (To my American readers: Arsenal is one of the top Soccer teams in the UK). Not only was it really cool to spend time with my dear-departed parents, but I got to see my family too! I don't get to see them much because they mostly live in London, but I do enjoy a good catch-up :-D. When we got there, we found out that the FA Cup would be on display! (To my USA readers: the FA Cup competition is pretty much the UK Soccer equivalent to the Super Bowl). I managed to get my pic taken with it (see above ;-) ).

Cooler still, there was - wait for it - a chocolate fountain!!!! It was sooooo good. No, really...it was amazing. It was about 3ft high and 1-2 ft wide. It had free-flowing, very tasty, chocolate sauce running down it, and was surrounded in abundance by bowls of mini-donuts, strawberries and marshmallows. Plates, napkins and skewer sticks were provided to avoid too much chocolate coverage ;) if I get time I'll upload the video I took of it on my phone *grin*

The wedding was followed by a late-night drive home to Bristol.

Other Happenings
Great news; Lisa is pregnant!! Just joshing. Did I get you? Did you believe me? Shocking? Didn't think so. The great news about Lis is that she's coming on the youth holiday!!! Yay!

Sunday Night
On Sunday we did something we haven't done for ages - about 25 of us invaded a well known Pizza Place! Aaron &
Emma are down in Bristol for a while too! Coolness!

T: walks up to greeting-type-person in Pizza Place
Greeting-type-person: "Hi, welcome to [Pizza Place]; how many?"
T: "Hi...uhm...you're going to hate me...there's about 20-25 of us"
G: "You're going to hate me"
T: "Why?"
G: "We're out of pizza!"
T: *double-take* "Ungh?"
G: "We have everything else though!"

So we drove half-way across bristol to a different Pizza Place. This time we phoned ahead.


HP Reading Status - Chapter 22 (page 439 / 607)

9 Comments:

  • LoL - it's kindof funny. The reason we wanted to go to the first one was *because* the second one is crap - *I* stand by *our* decision to try Longwell Green first :P

    Where *are* Table and Zadok?

    By Blogger T, at 26/7/05 11:00  

  • I'm pregnant?? How'd that happen???????
    Made me think of Friends in 'The one with the Mugging'. It goes as follows...

    Chandler: (excited) Guys, guys, I've got great news! Guess what...

    Joey: Uh, ah, Monica's pregnant?!

    Monica: (shocked) Really? (She looks around, suddenly embarrassed) Let's get past the moment.


    Well, that was roughly my reaction when I read Tristan's blog :s I don't know why ... I think I must need some more sleep. Mmm...sleep.

    By Blogger Mafia!, at 26/7/05 16:15  

  • Oh yeah ... Tris, you make it sound like you spent time with ghosts ... your dear departed parents!!

    By Blogger Mafia!, at 26/7/05 16:17  

  • Quote: "So, I went to a wedding on Saturday - possibly the coolest wedding in the world!"

    ..... ours will be better .....

    By Blogger Mafia!, at 26/7/05 19:43  

  • So Lisa's pregnant?

    Can't say I'm surprised...


    :P

    By Blogger TommyDB, at 26/7/05 23:18  

  • Hmm ... why's that tom?? What you trying to say about me??

    Are you the father???

    By Blogger Mafia!, at 27/7/05 00:23  

  • I was hoping you'd be able to help me out with the answer to that.

    By Blogger TommyDB, at 27/7/05 21:45  

  • ok this is getting too weird for me. Chocolated fountain...mmmmmm i will have happy dreams tonight! T remember the offer on the ironing.

    By Blogger Jen, at 3/8/05 21:36  

  • Nooooo!!! Not the American genes!! Arghhhhhhhhhhh

    By Blogger Mafia!, at 11/9/05 23:13  

Post a Comment

<< Home