Tristan - enter the madness...

Sunday, August 7

It's Been A While

It's been a while since I blogged...no need to tell you that though. Again, eventful things have been happening since I last blogged, and before you ask; no..I'm not kidding.

I handed in my notice on Tuesday...that leaves about 3 more weeks with this job, and then, in September, I start a new one! My new job is doing web development for a small company that's run by a friend who I'm going to call "Emily" (for those that know me, it's the guy that's about to start a church in Cardiff). It's been a really tough decision because I really love the people I work with. They're really great, such a laugh. Basically, a while back "Emily" found out I was looking for a new job and we had a chat about the kind of work that I was looking for. He said that if the business grew enough, he'd love to have me work for him and that I should let him know how the job hunting went. Then, while I was at the wedding, he called me up and said that he was in a position to offer me a job! I met up with him the following day and the job sounded good, so I told him I'd have a think about it and let him know in a week's time. While I was still making up my mind we were out for a meal with work. Lis met *more* people from work (she'd met a few before) and at the end of the night someone said to me:

Mr X : "Well, I guess that's the end of you and Lisa,"
Tris : "Why's that?"
X: "Well, she won't want to stay with you now that she's met us!"
T: "Naaa, it's okay; I'm quitting at the end of the week"
*ironic laughter*

Heh heh, I just couldn't resist *grin*. Anyways, I decided that week that I was going to go for it. My reasons are twofold really - I always wanted be a programmer, and what I'm doing at the moment isn't focussed enough on programming. It's been great for a first job; I've gained a really broad range of experience in different things, but now I really need to focus in. The second reason is money; I've felt for a while that I wasn't really being paid what I was worth. Not when I've been working for two years and I'm still way under the average salary a graduate can expect to get. I'm really looking forward to working for "Emily"; it's going to be a real challenge and much more in line with what I want to do. Since it's a small business, there's going to be an element of risk, but if I can't take risks, then what's life about eh? Both Lis and myself have prayed about it, and I believe that if I just leave it in God's hands then everything will be fine :)

Other News
Lis is finally moved out of Woodies. It was quite sad - obviously more for Lis than me, but it was still a sad day :( I'm finally out of my 'buffer' zone of living with
Nathan, and I'm all moved into my new house.

Soul Survivor is this week; should be a real laugh. We're taking a bunch of youth to it - our 'Solids'. Lis found out that she can come for free last week! Yay! She got a call from
Oasis asking if she could 'man' their stall. It's gonna be cool.

Right - off to a pub quiz with sum geezahs from church now. Better get ready :-D

Stay safe, and remember; Just say "no" (unless I ask you for money)

7 Comments:

  • hey working with EMILY is gonna be cool cool cool - I testify to him being a lovely person to work with!

    By Blogger Jen, at 8/8/05 12:29  

  • And he's got a nice butt.

    By Blogger TommyDB, at 8/8/05 19:29  

  • lol, I guess you're referring to Jen's blog!

    Congrats on the job front T!!!

    By Blogger Gem, at 8/8/05 21:55  

  • You're not moving to Cardiff are you?!!!

    By Blogger Gem, at 8/8/05 21:56  

  • No, Maria. Not me.

    Emily.

    By Blogger TommyDB, at 9/8/05 07:23  

  • Nope :) Thankfully he's not moving to Cardiff!!
    But it is an amazing opportunity, a way he'll get to show his full potential and actually be able to use the skills he has in the way he wants to. It's actually really exciting!!

    By Blogger Mafia!, at 9/8/05 10:57  

  • Congratulations Tris,

    Saw Emily and 'wife' (couldn't resist putting that) this week and they told us all about it. Yay ! really pleased for you!

    By Blogger KT, at 15/8/05 16:51  

Post a Comment

<< Home