Tristan - enter the madness...

Monday, May 16

This Is Not A Quiz..It's Just A Bunch Of Random Links

Apparently posting the results of eQuizzes isn't really posting and I'm a disgrace to the blogging world. I would tend to agree, so I've decided to do some "real" blogging.

*looks back* - wow! It's been 10 days since my last "real" blog! What's happened since then?

Car
My car is fixed! Towed it to the garage on Sunday afternoon. Then on Sunday evening a guy from church offered to ahve a look at it for me. Come monday night he'd discovered the problem and would have it ready for the next day! Picked it up on Tuesday after work, and was mobile again! Yay! Cost me a fair chunk of money :-S, but much less than it would have at a normal garage; double-yay!

Room
In Saturday I tidied my room. No, that's a lie really. What actually happened was that, over the course of 12 hours, I sorted through all of the junk in my room and divided it into two sections:
- Rubbish
- Keepy-stuff
The keepy stuff went into boxes and is now being stored in a shed. Luckily the shed is in the back-garden of the house I'll be living in next year; which is nice. The rubbish got put into boxes/black bags (lots of black bags) and is now residing at the local dump. I'm very proud of how ruthless I was. I now have a room that contains
-
a bed
-
clothes
-
CDs/DVDs
-
stereo
...that's pretty much it! There's a a desk and a set of drawers that still needs to be sorted through, but my room is now the tidiest it has been since I moved into it! I must admit, it is really nice to have reclaimed my floor-space from piles of boxes and general random stuff (including clothes on a bad week). We've had a few people look at the house since; one family is coming for a second look..in fact, *looks at time - 10:08*, they should be knocking on the door in about 5 minutes!

**Several Hours Transpire**

Right, I just got back from lunch; it is now
13:05.

Where was I? Oh yeah, people looking at house! I went home for lunch, and just as I started making my lunch, a couple arrived to look at the house. I'm telling ya, I've never been that tidy at lunch before in my life. Not a crumb of bread hit the counter-top while I was making sandwiches, and I swear the counter is now cleaner!!

Yes, so stuff happened. Tuesday night I went to the
cinema and watched The Amityville Horror with my wonderful girl Lis. We realised that it was, in fact, the first time we'd been to the cinema together alone! It wasn't too bad, though I'm not sure it was good for Lis; there were some freaky demonic bits that stick in the mind :-S

Wednesday night was just a chill night; I just chilled with Lis at Woodies. 'Twas a nice chill.

Thursday was kinda fun; we had a band practice, but we recorded off our songs on tape! We had an audience (Lis and Lucy) and a sound man (Luke R)...though our sound man could only stay for 30 mins. [edit]Lis caught on quickly to the sound-desk, and was our stand-in sound engineer. She did a fantastic job *grin*[end edit]. Anyways, it was so good to be able to actually *hear* the songs we've been playing! Made up some new basslines too (some of the songs I'd never actually played my bass along to). Lis wants me to teach her the 'one with the funky bassline'. It goes; "bo-o-o-o-o-WM, B-O-O-o-o-o-o-o-wm, bo-o-o-o-o-WM, B-O-O-o-o-o-o-o-wm, bo-o-o-o-o-WM, B-O-O-o-o-o-o-o-wm, bo-o-o-o-o-WM, B-O-O-o-o-o-o-o-wm". So there ya go Lis ;)

Friday was cool. Went to Lis's after work for some gooooood chili. Tom was there already, as was 'Dani' ;);) In the evening was Youth as normal. Did some cool quiz thing. I had to contribute 10 general knowledge questions for it. When I got there, I also had to create a music round because the person responsible for doing that didn't have time.

Jaz & Marv came down on Friday too. After youth we all went for a walk down at Vassal's park at around 11:30pm...it was quite fun too...lots of scary stories, and I know that Lis liked being outside (she's a country girl at heart :) )

Saturday was the War of the Stars. Otherwise known as watching Star Wars episodes
1 & 2 in anticipation of Episode 3 coming out on Thursday. So far there are 15 of us going at 10pm on Thursday evening...should be good methinks...mwaa ha ha ha haaaaa.

Church was church on Sunday. For lunch I went to the
Van Dyke with Tim. It was a beautiful day (the sun was out in Bristol!!! VJ would have been proud of it :-D) Owen managed to get me to play football!! That was good fun, though life-threatening. Must get fitter.

In the evening church, again, was pretty good. Afterwards I went to
Nigel&Esther's for an hour and then surprised my wonderful woman by visiting her :) she'd been working hard to revise for exams, so I decided to pay a visit for an hour :)

Slept, came to work, and now I'm blogging!

What have you guys been up to?

Listening to: Jars of Clay - "Worlds Apart" (Furthermore - Stage)

3 Comments:

  • I liked the surprise, thank you :D

    that will not do for a bass lesson tho im afraid :p
    And *coughs* don't I get a mention for recording the stuff Thurs nite??? :O :p

    Ur bestestestestest.

    By Blogger Mafia!, at 16/5/05 14:22  

  • Woah... the funniest thing in that blog was the shear amount of links!

    Oh and the bass line. :)

    But I digress.

    "Jedi, Jedi, Jedi, Jedi, Jedi, Jedi, Jedi, Jedi, Jedi, Jedi, Jedi, Jedi.

    Star Wars! Star Wars!

    Luuuke. I am your father.
    I am your father.
    I am your father."

    *How sad am I*

    By Blogger TommyDB, at 16/5/05 15:19  

  • lol, funny Tom :)

    And yes, I am a country girlie at heart ... problem??? :p

    By Blogger Mafia!, at 16/5/05 19:19  

Post a Comment

<< Home