Tristan - enter the madness...

Friday, March 17

The Moment You've All Been Waiting For

7 Top Songs...kindof. My fave song/band/instrument comes and goes more regularly than I eat (and that's a lot!), so here are some songs which have been solid favourites at some point in my life...

...in no particular order...

  • "Hey Johnny Park!" (Foo Fighters) - This is on their second album (which is fantastic in its own right!). Reminds me of many things, but mostly of being 17 and cooking sausage sandwiches in the kitchen while my parents were away cuz that's when I got the album. Foo Fighters are also awsome live.
  • "Cavanaugh Park" (Something Corporate) - I bought their album randomly (nothing to do with the attractive lady on the cover catching my eye) when I was in a music shop. It's a great album, but I just love the power and words of this song...fantastic. "Globes & Maps" is quite good too.
  • "Bohemian Rhapsody" (Queen) - 'Nuff said...end of.
  • (Red Hot Chili Peppers) - can't really decide on a favourite from them, so I just put them...Flea is an amazing bassist, John Fruscanti (guitarist) just rocks. And the singing? Like greek yoghurt and honey sliding down your ear canal.
  • "Self Esteem" (Offspring) - this was the song that got me into Offspring. I haven't been impressed by much of their very latest stuff, but Americana, Ixnay and Smash are great albums. Hmm, I should really try to get hold of thier older stuff too!
  • "Things I Prayed For" (Eli) - I first head this song on a sampler CD - it's got everything! Humour, depth, wisdom and best of all...God. Eli has a couple of really good albums (IMHO) that I've spent many hours listening to over, and over, and over, and over...
  • "Untitled" (Collective Soul) - This band never really made it over here, but I think they rock. This song especially!

Grr, that's seven already!! I haven't had room for Green Day, 3 Colours Red, Sheryl Crow, Pink, United Live, Matt Redman, Goo Goo dolls, Guns 'n' Roses...more, More, MORE!!!!!!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home