Tristan - enter the madness...

Thursday, June 16

Fountain Pens

When I was at school I used fountain pens a lot. I'm not sure why really...I don't think that I'd quite realised that my ability to make a mess was genetic at that point, and so tried simply 'not to be messy'. Anyways, all I remember about fountain pens is mess, and fragility. I don't know how many tens of fountain pens I went through. Once it's bust, it's like trying to write with a sewing needle - yeuch.

Recently, one of my collegues at work found some disposable fountain pens.

I am now addicted to fountain pens.

It's like writing with an anti-gravity pen; it just seems to slide over the paper. And the strokes it leaves behind just look so...cool! It's like....*real* ink and stuff. If pens were chocolate, then this pen would be the galaxy of chocolates...sooooo smooth. None of that ballpoint crap; they're the cheapy supermarket chocolate of pens. I guess those nice gel pens would be like the Dairy Milk of pens. Hmm. The point is, I actually look forward to writing with it. I think I must be sad.

I love my pen.

6 Comments:

  • And a bit wierd too.

    But that's ok.

    Long live the ball point Parker!

    By Blogger TommyDB, at 16/6/05 16:34  

  • I concur!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 16/6/05 18:23  

  • My girl or ur girl, T?

    By Blogger TommyDB, at 16/6/05 23:55  

  • shutup tom :p

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 17/6/05 00:53  

  • Oh! I want to try one!

    There was an article on Radio 4 recently about fountain pens. (They're apt to talk about such things. They're the BBC, and they're special). Fountain pens are kinda special, too. They're important pens, they're reassuringly expensive, they're particular to you, and form part of your unique signature.

    Not sure how the idea of disposable foutain pens fits in with that, though...

    So, where can we get these fabulous disposable foutain pens?

    By Blogger Nathan, at 17/6/05 11:00  

  • Uhm - there was a box of them in our stationary cupboard. They're gone now.

    I recommend looking in UWE stationary cupboard?

    Maybe the UWE SU shop? They had a good variety of pens.

    Failing that - a stationary shop?

    The one I'm using is a 'Pilot'

    And no; not the plane-driving pilot. It's the pen-manufacturing Pilot.

    By Blogger T, at 17/6/05 11:15  

Post a Comment

<< Home